PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silk Air MI 185 - Court commences in Singapore
Old 12th Jul 2001, 09:25
Crockett

WSSS.... it may seem like a farce...you are probably correct...but what is going on in Singapore Courts right now is at least keeping the topic alive...

As you may know, I lost my wife and child on SilkAir 185, I know each and every other family who also lost someone dear to them on that flight..

What is going on right now is at least creating awareness that there are still so many unknowns about what really happened on 19th December 1997.. What the families involved would like is at least to get closer to knowing what happened..

The trial in Singapore is all about what probably may have happened or not...depending on whether you believe the plaintiffs lawyer or SilkAir lawyer..and their respective "experts"...

The families biggest cause of complaint or concern is...Why was the investigation finished or stopped without all the answers being known or at least more questions answered..

I guess if the remaining 30% +/- of the wreckage had been recovered, we might be closer to knowing...

It all comes down to probabilities...

Unfortunately, I am not sure the plaintiffs are going to get everything they want out of this trial..and so then on to USA legal system...maybe that will reveal more...

Sad...very sad indeed that it come down to this whole exercise going on in the courts.. All the families want is some respect and something nearer to the truth of what actually happened..