PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IL76 on approach to LHR 27R at 12.30pm 10 July 06
Old 11th Jul 2006, 11:09
Conor.P.M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was sat in the SAS lounge at T3 yesterday afternoon waiting for my delayed fight to Copenhagen. I usually don't sit at the window but I did yesterday (you get an interesting view of the Southern runway, but after you've watched the 10th BA A319 take off you start to lose interest).

However just after 1pm I happened to glace up and was sunned to see that IL-76 taxi past T3 on it's way cross the southern runway to park between T4 and the BA Cargo centre. I did manage to take this picture as it went past. Apologies for the quality, all I had to hand was my Treo and like most Phones/PDA's with a camera it's not great.

That blob behind the SAS MD-80 is the IL76!

By the time my flight eventually left (about 7pm), it had moved back to the other side of the airfield and was parked on one of the stands parallel and next to the Northern runway between the Terminal 1/2/3 and 5. (Where the El-Al aircraft are frequently parked)

I thought these aircraft weren't allow to fly in European airspace because of noise/emissions issues? Is this incorrect or are they given dispensation for diplomatic reasons?