PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class 1 Deviated Medicals
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2006, 19:33
waterpau

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Class 1 Deviated Medicals

Does anyone have any experience of CTC and deviated class 1 medicals? I got my class 1 with deviation a few weeks ago after trying for a class one for nearly 9 years (), so before cracking on with the modular route, I thought I'd try my luck with CTC. The deviation is based on eyesight. For those that haven't heard of it, the deviation is applied to the class one if you meet medical renewal standards, but not the initial issue standards. The deviation effectively restricts it to class 2, until such a time that you apply for a CPL. Assuming your medical fitness hasn't fallen outside of limits, on application for your CPL the deviation is lifted, thereby upgrading it to a full class 1.

The reason I think the deviation may be an issue is because CPL training can only be carried out on UK registered aircraft. If you want to undertake CPL training in an aircraft registrered outside the UK, you need written permission from that country's authority (or so say the CAA). Although I already have a PPL in the UK, if I were to train for CPL in NZ on the basis of my deviated class 1 medical I would need explicit permission from the NZ aviation authorities.

Has anyone tried CTC with a deviation and, if so, were they dismissive or receptive?

Any thoughts appreciated

waterpau