PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NCA PAS/AFPS 05
Thread: NCA PAS/AFPS 05
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2006, 18:28
Ginger Beer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Circle,

Vous est le garcon,

The Sqn Ldr did a good job of stating the obvious and all those facts already known however, he didn't answer the feckin question.

The only question that I posed was: How can the AP state that "rank and pay have been decoupled" if you have to get promoted to a higher rank to achieve higher pay? (And this was within the NCA leaflet of the AP.)

In his answer he states the reasoning behind the policy but does not address the fact that it is not an equal opportunity. The various recent studies have lauded themselves on creating equal opportunities for all e.g. 18/40 etc, etc. The PAS was "sold" to us as equal for O's and NCA however, as I have shown, it is not.

It is a shame that the good Sqn Ldr didn't acknowledge the fact and staff a proper response, which should have included a re-think at least. If AVM Dusty Millar thought it was supposed to be the same for O's and NCA, you would think that the good Sqn Ldr would too?

Thanks again Circle, you have saved me 70p and as I'm not on PAS and am unlikely to stay around long enough now, I need all the dosh I have.

Cheers,

Ginge