PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The TNT B737 EMA/Birmingham incident thread
Old 10th Jul 2006, 17:16
JW411

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
heading 125:

You are missing the point entirely. It was not because the Tower Controller was transmitting when I was trying to get a landing clearance in fog. It was because he was in a situation where HE had no control of who was blocking the frequency by calling HIM; viz: tugs, dead rabbit collectors, "have you got my clearance to Heathrow etc etc". He was not in a position to do his job properly for whatever reason.

THESE PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE ON THE FREQUENCY WHILST LVPS ARE IN FORCE - CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT?

Finally, I just have to point out that professional only has one "f", transmit only has one "t" and "there", as in the possessive is "their" .

PS. Why did the Tower controller find it necessary to invite me over the RT to visit the Control Tower? Did he think that he was going to discipline me like a naughty little boy? Naughty little boys are unlikely to be conducting CAT II approaches in fog. Sadly, his parochial aspirations disappeared when he found himself confronted with someone who had been flying for 45 years and was very, very happy to file an MOR. He was VERY happy to bury the hatchet.