PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 2
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 2
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2006, 17:12
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by onion
Just a few toughs on the GSM situation.
1. MME has a larger catchment area than NCL .... MME is not even nearer Durham than NCL!
2. GSM have an existing relationship with Peel
3. GSM will have had experience with operations into MME by the time a transatlantic service starts from the North East.....probably about 10 years experience if MME.
4. GSM may fly via LPL from MME
5. IT will be cheaper to fly from MME than NCL......Your thoughts, no one elses !
6. MME's terminal is less crowded so you can get through quicker, also the new terminal will improve on this as well.......Well this takes the biscuit !, an irrational comment, but I doubt you would attract any more traffic it even turned out the size of T5 !
Yes NCL is the more established airport in the minds of the public but this is the type of route MME needs to redress this balance...... The ONLY fact in your whole posting
Insofar as your points are concened they are basically unsubstantiated and really pointless cos' you ain't actually got a NYC service!
Case in point where did you pick up on #2 & #4 from ? - probably picking up on my posting yesterday on the DTV site... mischief making perhaps ?
At least I can present a tongue in cheek argument. I suggest that you retire back to posting on the DTV site where I note that you can sound off about your problems with BMI