PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The TNT B737 EMA/Birmingham incident thread
Old 10th Jul 2006, 17:06
heading 125

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find it totally odd that a very few pilots, usually ex military have no idea what goes on in ATC and the pressures that we are under. Yes we all want more staff but your airlines want a cheaper service so your are now getting it. Most of my ATC colleagues tell me they are at understaffed towers. So give us a break we are doing our best with what your airline CEOs are prepared to pay. The tone of some of the messages are along the lines "why am I number 2 to so and so I should be number one" the phrase that I used to hear many years ago. So grow up!!! ATCOs and pilots are professionals - it is just a few pilots/ATCOs that seem to have had their brains removed. With todays pressures I understand what the pilots need and I feel that most of the pilots understand what I need. If you as a pilot don't understand what is required then get yourself down to your neaest ATC unit, or better still get out for a beer with one of us and tell us, we would truely welcome it.

Perhaps if this ATCO did transmit at an inappropiate time then he will only learn by a dialog between ATC and the pilots. Famflights were always the best for this lesson learning. Unfortunately cost cutting has resulted in these stopping.

So stop bashing ATC!!

Last edited by heading 125; 10th Jul 2006 at 18:18.