PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QuickStop!
Thread: QuickStop!
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2006, 12:47
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SASless
Could this just be a fellow that is on top of his game....ala Dennis Kenyon caliber?

Anyone up to calling Kenyon a "D...head"?

If he owns the helicopter and is on his own land and has no passengers.....what's the big deal?
Probably no big deal Sas, except that when the T/R disintergrates closely followed by half the T/R G'box disappearing then the first person to wear a sandshoe sized piece of M/R shrapnel heading his way at 400 klicks or so is gunna be the camera man. That's probably no big deal either, cameramen around Hollywood would be a dime a dozen, but the camera might cost a bit.

Sure you can be 'on top of your game' and go that close and do it several which other ways as well, but why put a T/R is in such a high pressure erosion zone when with a couple of photo effects it could look just as good from a couple of feet up (especially if that is his game) and bearing in mind that T/R's cost a fair bit more than gold oz for oz then this dude could have done it a lot better.

and practising autos into power-tower pads hot-damm. Good fun when all your doing is showing off to the student and it may or may not fit with your statistics over there as to how many engine failures conveniently happen beside said towers. Far better to teach them how far it will go under different conditions and learn solidly that experience.
All in all not a good peer type demo for newbies!

I think Whirls was dead right first time around, he should be wearing flairs, it'd suit him. the bycicle clips would be far better suited around another part of his anatomy!

Kenyon? I don't see the comparison but, well anyone who can make a 269 watchable without setting it alight has got to have something going for him, but in the high experience department with just 13,000 hours over 35 years, and a mere couple of hundred students trained, he aint!
His web site also talked a bit about 'posing', maybe one day when I get to meet him I'll find out whether he is or isn't.