PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - airlines recruiting low houred guys (250-400 hrs) ish!
Old 10th Jul 2006, 12:21
CPL_Ace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PILOT PETE AND TFLY

Although I was not lucky enough to be lectured in person by Pilot Pete, I took it upon myself to ring TFly after I had sent the application on their web site (The one that gave the minimum requirements which I did not have - I did it anyway, why not it's not illegal!)

The nice lady pulled out my application from the pile and informed me that they are recruiting F/os and are filling the gaps with low hours pilots like ME!

2 of my friends did the same. One starts on the 757 out of Cardiff after Type and Line and the other is waiting for a call back after stage one. Me? I'm waiting confidently for the call for stage 1.

First Choice are doing the same as of Friday. They actually do specify the hours but say they'll take exceptional Low hours pilots - Like ME!

Many have turned me down out right on the phone including MyTravel (who sent me a 2 page letter explaining why and a request to see me after I have logged the 500 hours) and GB Airways. Monarch are the same but again they weren't nasty when I asked.