PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2006, 12:00
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are right, this is a wide spread problem. There is no transparancy. ej from AMS charge 20euros in charges, yet KLM charge 100euros, and HV about 57euros. How can this be. The difference in taxes & charges between ej & HV, on what used to be the same route, was staggering; but guess what, the final ticket price was pretty close. The airline has to pay the fixed airport charges. It is declared as such or smuggled into the advertised price, and lower charges added.
I thought that EU law was coming in whereby advertisers had to publish the final price, incl VAT and all charges. What has happened to that?

The wheel chair levy is a scam. 189 pax paying 0.50 every flight, every day. The max number of wheel chair pax is 4. Many have their own in the hold and need no assistance. The cost of providing a wheel chair is shared between the airline and the airport (after the last pax appeal in STN). and was about 15 pounds. How many are provided per day/month/year? You do the math, and you will see that airlines are making a vast profit from this charge. That, and the compulsory insurance they charge. What for, if you have your own, or do not want it?