PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nepalese Pilots
Thread: Nepalese Pilots
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2006, 03:38
tex8vc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey mate you are getting smart! Good!
About DGCA, things are moving in right direction but as you know, it would take some time. Kaw Committee made some very strong recommendations for DGCA including, changes in Examination pattern. Lets see what comes up!

I agree with you that DGCA should at least publish sample test papers. Here in NZCAA, we get about 50 multiple choice question for all the subjects and I am sure it is similar in US!? I wonder how is it with DGCA? Do they have multiple choice pattern or descriptive? Does anyone know? It might help you to get in touch with someone in India and get some reference books.

About theory first or flying... I guess it is very subjective. I strongly feel it works both ways. And when flying, theory helps very little. One can not fly with reference to a guide or book. It is very much matter of practice! With my very limited exposure, I have seen that practical performance of theory scholars is very seldom as good as their theory performance and vise versa.

This happens because we have to use another medium in theory, e.i language! To make it simple for you; one can be very good in flying but if that person does not know the language, its not possible to clear theory papers. But again not passing theory does not make him/her bad pilot! So there is a strong need of ‘research in examination pattern of practical based subject’ such as, flying in relation to stress and other factors!

Flying is for sure very technical. All we can learn in theory are ‘fundamentals’ and that’s it! And feel, it is better to know fundaments before you taking practical. But I can be wrong as I said it becomes very subjective in case of practical subjects!
At the end it boils down to You, Iron and Air!