PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nepalese Pilots
Thread: Nepalese Pilots
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2006, 21:51
tex8vc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indopop, although I do not come from family of pilots but I guess (with very little knowledge I have), I very well understood your question and replied accordingly! Which you also confirmed with your last post!

As stated in your last post, Jet would not hire unless DGCA papers are cleared! Try to understand, Jet can help in building flying skills/ hrs but not with DGCA exams. Once DGCA exams are cleared, Jet knows the only requirement left is flying hours which is not a big issue if papers are cleared!
So, NO JOB without DGCA papers.

In fact I guess you are confused and misunderstanding the information. There are two situations.
Lets put it this way:

1. An Indian student living in India, cleared all DGCA papers with 10/200 hrs applies for a Job!? Yes

2. An Indian student living overseas or India with JAA/FAA/CASA/CAA CPL with 10/500 Hrs!? NO (Unless DGCA conversion papers are cleared)

So what does above equates to; DGCA Papers First.
Whichever way you go, when you apply, you would need Clear in ALL DGCA papers, with or without flying hours.

From what I know, with DGCA papers cleared, airline is sure that one would not have problem with flying. But if they hire someone without DGCA papers, they do not know how long he/she would take to clear those papers!???

I hope this would help you understand your situation a degree better!? If not, do write back!

Good Luck!

Last edited by tex8vc; 10th Jul 2006 at 03:49.