PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unhygenic PAX
Thread: Unhygenic PAX
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2006, 15:42
flyblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tuismile,
I don't know the rules in your company, but where I work, people with medical problems should have a medical certificate released by the company Medical Service. In case of doubt, if they don't have any, then CC or the Capt can request medical advice from the airport Medical Service. In case of problem I report the to the Capt (I'm usually the first to know about the problem because I had a special course to take care of passengers with disabilities) who 1)talks to the ground personnell 2)calls for the Medical Service.
It happened to me recently, when a pax who spoke only Romanian and only a little English told me she needed to check her pressure every two hours since she had an "attack" (that's the term she used) a few hours earlier. Of course I immediately spoke to the Captain who called for medical advice.

SXB,
I don't agree with your view. The crew (pilots and CC) are also in charge for the well being and safety of the rest of the pax. Pus is very infectious and the company might rightly have been sued if it had come into contact with another pax...not to speak of the person who had to sit on the same seat on the I/B. She should have been medicated and bandaged. Plus, for people not in control of their body functions there are ways to "take care" of the problems that arise with the condition. I'm more with Rainboe on this one when he says that probably the ground staff only wanted to "get rid" of the problem, as it happens sometimes. It is not acceptable that one pax, even a "medical" one, becomes a problem for the rest of the occupants of the aircraft, and only because her hygiene and medical problems were neglected. There are companies providing special services in these cases, or Doctors to accompany them for the flight. But then I am sure no doctor would have left her in the condition tuismile describes.