PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAT experiences + hours question
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2006, 13:41
Lord Flashart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PAT experiences + hours question

I can't find a thread about PAT in Bournemouth, appologies if there is already a merged thread - if so can someone point me at it.

Basically interested in the usual information and experiences of those who trained with PAT.
How's the instruction? What are their pass rates like? Is accomodation cheap and reasonably pleasant?

Also, I'm interested in the possibility of buying a plane share after my PPL and using it for my hours building, has anyone done this - how did it work out, did you have trouble finding an instructor willing to help you structure your hours building since you didn't want to use a school plane? Another possibility I'm thinking about is doing my PPL or some of my hours building in SA (43rd), how are they for structuring the hours?

I'm concerned about the possibility of wasting hours boring holes without learning much, which is why I'm partially minded to do it all at PAT because of the ATC environment, but if 43rd are just as good for this aspect of the training I'd quite like to spend a few weeks in SA.

Any and all experiences gratefully received.

cheers.

Flash