PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QuickStop!
Thread: QuickStop!
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2006, 12:39
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Are you fishing Heliport?
I hope it's not you?
showing an extravagance that is decidely lacking in judgement.

Not a seventies photo Whirls, those T/R's came in, gad damm when?? about the very late seventies, and the d*** head driver is not real mod seventies style is he? look at the legs of the jeans (flares?) and the half bald head.

I think i read that it is G4A. The shiny bit coupled to the scat hose above the air box is a bit hard to decipher when blown up; it's about the right place for the bowden hot air cable. Also no rego to decipher.

He is possibly trying to show how to do a rearward take off rather than a quick stop, cyclic would still be well forward at that point, (not right forward which his isn't) but if he is in a quick stop, then to arrest any more descent as he would need to; well the next photo in the frame should be much more interesting!!!

He certainly is ham fisted; anyone who is accustomed to such maneuvres would be resting his right hand wrist on his knee if indeed he wasn't sipping on the perpetual mug of coffee and; nonchalanty checking the time of the mickey mouse watch on his left wrist and; his T/R would not be raising dust vortices!!~

altogether a driver with temporary citizenship of whatever country and a fairly neat helicopter that he is about to mess up.

I hope that you'll reply that he is supposed to be some gun demo pilot, well his run has finished!