PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2006, 11:46
The Rogue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miscalculations!

Having just returned from the US I proceeded to do my JPA claim. I entered a CHBS hotel bill of 175 dollars and the programme then recalculated my claim in GBP using the displayed exchange rate of 0.577413 which equates to the offical rate of 1.75 dollars to the pound. The displayed converted amount which I was to recieve was 91.77. Basic maths told me that this was incorrect as sould have been exactly 100! The displayed exchange rate was correct but the calculator used a different number to process my claim - doing me out of 8.23. I reported this problem up through the helpline but have heard nothing back from them. I subsequently manually worked out each claim amount in GBP as the programmes calculator did not calculate the exchange rates correctly. It appeared to work ok on the daily subsistance page but not on CHBS bookings abroad page. I would recommend double checking each amount you are claiming in a foreign currency with the offical MOD exchange rate, and checking it against JPA. If this problem has been present since the start a lot of people could have lost a lot of money!