PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AO Wet Lease
Thread: AO Wet Lease
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2006, 11:37
missleadfoot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gee, I was only asking a question and thanks "rammel" and "flyagain1day" for sticking up for me. I thought this was a constructive website but "avid aviator" seems to have forgotten that. I did state in my original post that QF own our aircraft which by the way at the time of me writing that post had already been repainted back to QF colours, and have since been deployed on the domestic network. The point of my question was not to get a reminder of what we are or have been or where we stand within the QF group but to get an idea of what could lie ahead as we are now "Australian Airlines Wet Lease", a company owned by Qantas. We have a contract to Qantas at the moment but all I was asking was if anyone knew if it was possible in the future for further expansion as a wet lease company. Thanks to those who did give me some realistic info. I don't appreciate people like "avid aviator" making comments that just are not true. We certainly don't have a few "borrowed" aircraft, Australian Airlines lease the aircraft we operate and they are OGQ, OGR, OGS, OGT & OGU. The only reason I asked this question in the first place is because as a wet lease company there could be many oportunities available as a business in the future as or if we grow. I only wanted to know your ideas on whether or not that was possible, not to be told the obvious, that we are cheaper etc, we all know that.