PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Slow Boot Up - also printer problem
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2006, 10:52
WE Branch Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 24 Posts
Printer Trouble

Hi All

For quite a while now my PC has been slow to boot up. When it was new it was very fast, now it seems to take several minutes from the blue screen appearing to being able to click on icons and load/use programs. What is going on? What do I need to do to resolve it?

System specs are

HP Pavilion a330.uk
260+ (1.91GHz)
AMD Athlon XP
256MB DDR
HP DVD writer
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX-440
64 MB video memory
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Microsoft works suite 2003
v92 ready modem
IEEE 1394 interface

Other problems I have had are discussed alsewhere on this forum, on other threads. The only new software installed has been Adobe Photoshop and Kodak Easyshare, and Google Earth as well. I think the booting problems were there already prior to these installations.

My question is how do I sort this thing out?

Another problem concerns my printer. Ever since my brother attempted to print to large (A4 size?) photos last year there has been a small pronlem. Every time a page gets printed there are a few marks (green?) on the top left hand corner of the reverse side. Perhaps I'm thick, but I cannot figure out how to resolve this?

A small problem, but annoying. Particularly when sending letters to potential employers etc.

I just don't understand. These two problems have been causing me some frustration, and I would be very grateful if you could help.

Thanks.

Last edited by WE Branch Fanatic; 20th Jun 2010 at 23:13.