PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 2
Thread: MANCHESTER - 2
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2006, 10:28
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...er not sure in my statement where I did suggest it was the airports fault unless I missed something...but yes you are right if the airport underperforms clearly the management must surely take some of the blame.. OR have all the airlines that have withdrawn done so purely because they themselves are in trouble ?

I am less than convinced that the bosses are brilliant at running Manchester.

Cyclically most although not all airports grow by 3% and 5% regardless of the people running the ship, I for one cannot help thinking that this is the case at MAN when you hear some of the stories of incompetence relating to the place....

Quite frankly if you had a bunch of monkeys in charge it would still do well, the measure of a great operation is to do really well....our pax figures sometimes seem to always somehow hide the truth - yes it does well BUT in my view could do much better !

As for the hot air re the expansion plans, I recall a similar headline on the MEN 25 years ago when AA and SIA started...

"Gateway To The World" it bellowed....!

..well sorry but 25 years on we have one pathetic intercontinetal service by the "National Airline" to JFK and no services to Japan, Australia, South Africa, Hong Kong, China, India....

...that says it all really !