PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Win98se PC and USB-attached wifi?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2006, 21:30
Saab Dastard
Spoon PPRuNerist & Mad Inistrator

Received 280 Likes on 179 Posts
I think that a brief explanation is in order for why I deleted some of DBTL's posts and why he has been given a (temporary) ban.

According to DBTL's assertions, his posts were deleted because he was "right" and I was "wrong" on a technical point.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Firstly, my assertion that there is a compatibility problem between versions of PCI cards and slots is based on actual communication with IBM, Compaq and HP PC / server manufacturers as well as technicians from Adaptec, Belkin, Creative and Netgear PCI card manufacturers - in addition to my own experience.

Secondly, his posts were deleted for their insulting nature, not for any technical content or opinion. Further, in the interest of fairness, I removed both his and my own posts on the PCI "sub-thread", sending him PMs explaining what I was doing and why, and requesting that we close the discussion, as it was off-topic.

Unfortunately, he felt unable to let it rest, and continued his attacks despite further warnings, resulting in his ban. Even then, he could not resist registering a new name to persist in his actions - needless to say, this was also nipped in the bud.

Finally, I wish to assure all the contributors to this forum that I would never delete anyone's post simply because they disagreed with me - I have no big ego to defend (well, just a small one!) and I have no problem with being wrong.

DBTL, if you are reading this, you are welcome to contribute to the forum again as you have in the past - once your ban has been lifted!

SD