PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2006, 15:22
Lucifer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Entropia
Which is a pure passion, becoming a civil pilot has only been my greatest dream, but not my "one and only" commitment in life...and maybe not the kind of job I'm "naturally made" for. So I think the assessors sought my person quite in depth, more than examining me they made me discover what has ever been my interest for flying.
I would disagree with CTC intensely (within the context of what was written below, with a note that I do not know who is and is not successful in the real world at CTC) - a fixation on the one and only goal of flying is unhealthy and very different from a level-headed approach to ensuring that (a) you have a life if the aviation career does not pan out as planned, and (b) exposure is gained to the world beyond aviation.

I believe strongly that it is very healthy for a wide variety of people of different backgrounds to bring their experiences into aviation, or it risks becoming a clique in which those without a fixation on the industry are ranked second to those who have, closing off the industry from further debate and development.

On the other hand, demonstration of a strong motivation towards a career in aviation through - for example - PPL training is crucial to ensuring that people know exactly what they are getting into in aviation.

Read this however in the context that I do not know CTC's procedure personally and this is in response to comments, but I hope it is a basis for debate.