PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2006, 11:58
1CCCC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by raviolis
I thought it would be a good example of how I acted successfully in team work environments. Didn't seem to impress them and I was told I should have maybe joined a sports team or something like that to improve my team skills. Now, I have been playing team sports since I was 12 and have often been the skipper of my teams. In my culture and upbringing though, work experiences are more important that your high school sports club.
Join a sports team!
Is that what CTC are after for pilots! Surely it should be more extensive teamworking experience

Teamwork within for example a football game (or other hobby) is different from teamwork within the workplace. With a hobby people usually enjoy being there and taking part i.e. they do it for fun, which makes team work easier. In the workplace you encounter people that don’t want to be team players, people that come just for the money, people who don’t care, and people who have negative attitudes. To be a team player you need to adapt to these people and from a Leadership prospective you need to adapt your leadership style to suit the individual / situation. Working on an airliner and within the airport is not going to be like a football game, or is it?

Surely the pilot with team working experience from within the workplace would be better suited than someone who can play football.

Now wear did I put them boots!