PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A big warning to wannabes
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2006, 09:37
wingnut-will

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all, this is my first post here and I'd thought I'd put my first 2 pence here.

As a new PPL, going on to ATPL, I found piperindians posts a little disheartening....for about 2 nanoseconds. In fact I dont describe myself as a wannabe but as a gonnabe. I know getting an airline job isnt easy, but life isnt either. But I've seen this all before....

I work on Oil Rigs and Platforms in the North Sea, and clear 2k for 2 weeks work (2on/2off rota). I knew working offshore was the only way I was gonna get enough cash for the CPL/IR. But it was really difficult getting offshore with no experience. The first thing they would ask you is 'Do you have experience?' The next was 'Would like us to keep you on file?' I finally got away with an operator instead of an agency. The point is: if you dont succeed at first try again. You're taking the wrong attitude no matter how many times you've tried. Also, I would like to say that working offshore is a good way of getting money quick, if you can hack it.

Future ATPL's shouldnt be put off by this dudes posts! Fortune favours the persistant.