PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Electronic v Paper Manuals, and who pays for them?
Old 8th Jul 2006, 06:53
Vee Won Kutt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what I understand Alteon don't give the trainees a set of manuals. And no - unfortunately Jetstar are not paying for the endorsement.
For the record I wasn't arguing at all just stating the rumours that I had heard and giving my opinion on the subject.
However if you want an argument: What do you mean 'be ashamed'? Are you out there fighting for me Capt Bloggs? Who is? Do you want me to fight your battles for you? I think not. Either do something about it or shut up - There is no point having a go at me or Jetstar guys about it. I would love to be part of a united pilot group in Australia, but I don't see how that can happen at this stage, especially when privileged captains like you seem happy to sit back and complain about guys like me not standing up for myself. Being a pilot is not what it used to be, and probably never will be again. However if you expect me to go out there and fight a moral crusade on behalf of every privileged pilot, I know where I would end up, and I wouldn’t be in the seat to your right – I would be lucky if I could mop a hangar floor in the back-blocks of nowhere.
Getting back to the concept of electronic manuals, I personally would prefer an electronic format - I wanted to be a pilot and not a librarian. Jetstar are doing their guys a favour. I see no reason for having a shelf full of paper manuals at home that I have to continually update. Electronic manuals are fine for swatting up on something when at home