PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Contraversial TAIC report
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2006, 04:36
Airslasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fair enough Bushy, have had a similar experience from a preceeding Islander but in this instance, cripes the damn wing had ice on it!!!!!! Fact. There was even mud from the accident on top of the frost!!!

My favourite part from the accident report is

A B-category flight instructor and the operator’s Chief Executive Officer said industry experience was that a light frost on the wings would not, of itself, lead to loss of control of a Cessna 206 during take-off, if the aircraft was not at slow speed.
And after watching the crap he was saying the other night you'd almost think he believes it. He said that 'the industry is behind them' - Bollocks!!! That particular pilot is fairly well known as a turkey who cuts corners. I think he's the CP??? One wonders if it had been another of the troops if management wouldn't have hung them out to dry. The reason the other 206 didn't have troubles was probably because that pilot actually removed the ice/frost from his aeroplane. I hope the other pilots at A.F aren't too affected/influenced by the 'safety culture' displayed by the CEO and the turkey.