PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Irish invite US pilots to work in Europe...
Old 8th Jul 2006, 01:27
MOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I gather we should really call them the IAA...

What's with the anti-American slant dude?
How do you get "anti-American" from that? In any case, this has nothing to do with Americans, it's to do with the Irish.

Why don't these pilots want to fly for Cityjet?
Terms and conditions, mainly.

s this your opinion or fact?
Fact. I got it directly from a Cityjet exec when I asked last year.

Again I ask... how does this effect you if you are currently employed with another carrier... or you are not typed on the 146?
None of this has anything to do with people currently employed elsewhere, it is to do with those who are NOT employed but ARE type-rated, but are not current.

So again... I ask why do you have a problem of expats (Americans especially) coming over to fly the 146 or any other aircraft for that matter? Is it taking food out of the mouth of you, your wife, if you are married, or children, if you have children?
Geez... RTFQ! The problem is that Americans WILL be taking food out of the mouths of the people described above. Quite apart from the principle.

So you don't have a direct account of the facts or statements? You are relying on statements from individuals who are not part or management. All this is nothing but hear-say.
I have spoken directly to the agencies, who are simply regurgitating what they have been told by their client. You don't have to be "management" to be able to read a memo - although these people are management-level. Not good enough for you?

So... how does the effect you... if you are not typed on the 146?
I am, but that isn't the point. The point is that Cityjet are engineering a position that allows them to hire cheap US labour on the basis of a faulty picture of the pool of available pilots. I said all this already.

Who are you to say that non EU individuals would get sick of CDG or DUB? They are both great places... great people, and pubs. What more can one ask for MOR?
In the 20 years I have been involved in airline flying, I must have trained 40 or 50 foreign nationals for pilot positions in airlines I have worked for.
Very few of them lasted a year before they went home (mostly Canadians).