PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Irish invite US pilots to work in Europe...
Old 8th Jul 2006, 00:15
captjns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MOR
Well I gather we should really call them the IAA...
What's with the anti-American slant dude?

Originally Posted by MOR
Simple, really. There aren't a lot of 146/RJ drivers around in the first place, and even fewer who are current within the last 3-6 months, which is what Cityjet have required for at least the last year or so.
There are a bunch of 146's flying around Europe. Why don't these pilots want to fly for Cityjet? By the way... are you current and qualified on the 146? If not then what's your beef?

Originally Posted by MOR
Cityjet clearly believe that non-current 146/RJ pilots pose a training risk, so they would rather have nice, current Americans. Once that resource dries up, they may well start taking the un-current guys, in fact they will probably end up training a whole bunch from scratch.
Is this your opinion or fact? If so then show us the facts and save us the suppositions. Again I ask... how does this effect you if you are currently employed with another carrier... or you are not typed on the 146?

Originally Posted by MOR
There simply aren't that many rated people around any more, most have long since moved to the 737 or A320 or are quite happy to stay where they are, and get trained on new equipment as more 146s are retired.
So again... I ask why do you have a problem of expats (Americans especially) coming over to fly the 146 or any other aircraft for that matter? Is it taking food out of the mouth of you, your wife, if you are married, or children, if you have children?

Originally Posted by MOR
It didn't come from Cityjet, it came from (more than one) agency. However it is obvious that Cityjet/Sigmar have made an approach to the government to get this done, and I would imagine an exception was made as a result of a really dark picture being drawn by Cityjet. They are going to have problems crewing all those aircraft, irrespective of where the crews come from.
So you don't have a direct account of the facts or statements? You are relying on statements from individuals who are not part or management. All this is nothing but hear-say.

Originally Posted by MOR
Most Equal Opportunity legislation allows for the case where a company can show that there are no suitably qualified locals who can do the job. In this case, it would be relatively easy to demonstrate that there weren't sufficient qualified and current pilots in IRELAND to fill the seats, but I doubt they would have to make their case for the whole of Europe.
So... how does the effect you... if you are not typed on the 146?

Originally Posted by MOR
The alternative would be to invest in a little extra training for those who are rated but not current, and who are EU citizens. The upside is that they are not as likely to get sick of CDG or DUB and want to go home.
Who are you to say that non EU individuals would get sick of CDG or DUB? They are both great places... great people, and pubs. What more can one ask for MOR?