PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Irish invite US pilots to work in Europe...
Old 7th Jul 2006, 23:12
susoal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MOR
captjns
I don't believe for a minute that there are any Europeans flying for the US majors (or the regionals for that matter) who are not now US citizens or at least Green Card holders. Any American who came to Europe and gained EU citizenship would be in the same position. There might have been some temporary, very limited placements from the training schools, but nothing more than that. In any event, those pilots are not flying on validated Euro licences, they will all hold FAA licences.
The same equipment for half the pay beats no equipment for no pay! Not likely to be true, though - If flat tire is correct, the pay is a hell of a lot better in Europe.
According to Direct Personnel, they have quite a few US applicants wanting to go to Ireland.
Nothing fair about it.
You are absolutely right, UNLESS you are a US citizen or have a Green Card, there is NO WAY any airline in the USA will employ you.
I flew there for almost 11 years (green card holder) and I can tell you they wont hire you. As per pay, consider yourselves like. Pay as been going down since the aftermath of 9/11, (personally I took a 30% pay cut in ´01), and there are thousands of pilots without a job...
Grass is always greener on the other side......I think not.