PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2006, 20:59
loveJet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, Ryanair have already commited to one extra route a year from Bournemouth till about 2010/11, then they'll open a base. I don't think they will react if easyJet adds more routes in the immediate term - because Ryanair believes it's able to undercut them on any route if they wanted to. But Ryanair would most probably offer very different routes to that easyJet are proposing... so I see no real conflict of interest. Great news that easyJet are offering 8 weekly flights to GVA this winter - must have been a good route for them last year then.

I thought Air Southwest wanted to operate EDI, BHD and CDG from BOH. But if they don't because of the easyJet rumours then there is still Manchester, Newcastle, Jersey, Cork/Newquay and Leeds Bradford to consider. These routes woould be ideal for the Dash 8-300... a right little money spinner I reckon.

I think the masterplan is pretty conservative by the way. Only 13 aircraft stands (including 4 for cargo) are proposed. With Ryanair, easyJet and Tfly already accounting for maybe 6 or 7 planes by 2010 - I could see a bigger need for apron space by 2030! But I suppose it's better to be cautious and build more later I guess.