PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Farnborough Air Show
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2006, 18:52
Flightman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Kids and planes

My wife too our 2 daughters ( aged 3 and 7 ) bowling in Farnborough today. They saw the entire display from the car park opposite the council offices.
7 year old loved it. 3 year old was alternating every 5 seconds from " Ooo scary to Oooo airplanes!"

Ina similar vein, I took my eldest to see one of Concordes last departures. We'd been around Hatton Cross for 3 hours, as the plane had gone tech. My daughter, she must have been 4 or 4 at the time was getting a bit bored of Airbus's and Boeings, when we heard the roar of those 4 great engines. The sun was just setting on the horizon, as she climbed out, and appeared above the perimeter fence. I don't know the height over Hatton Cross, but it must have been 600ft or less, the pressure waves on our chests, the noise ringing in our ears. As she climed away and banked right I looked at my daughter, who was on my shoulder. She was in tears. "Whats up baby" I said, thinkign she's been scared. She looked at me and said, with a smile " Beautiful"

Nothing like the reaction of a child to make you realise how amazing an aircraft in flight truly is.