PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uniform at UK airports
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2006, 18:26
mutleyfour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forgotten Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen

This thread is no longer just about uniform at UK Airports...Its now addressing the complete lack of responsibility this Government takes for sending its men and women into danger. In the last couple of weeks soldiers have been killed every couple of days and yet all I see on my TV today is 7/7. I don't mean to take anything away from the those who lost family and friends last year but why is a life that is given to prevent such further attrocities brushed under the carpet by the bulk of the media as simply a young man doing his job!

Yes we all sign on to do our duty but I certainly expect a little more respect for what I do, more often than not without thought as to the consequences.

Its time.....time to wake up Mr Blair and take responsibility. Attend some funerals, speak to the widows and children left behind. Show the nation you do care. Show the nation that you don't just throw our lives away without due care. Show the nation that your position comes second to whats good and right for your country.