PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Irish invite US pilots to work in Europe...
Old 7th Jul 2006, 15:01
captjns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MOR
captjnsThere might have been some temporary, very limited placements from the training schools, but nothing more than that. In any event, those pilots are not flying on validated Euro licences, they will all hold FAA licences.

The same equipment for half the pay beats no equipment for no pay! Not likely to be true, though - If flat tire is correct, the pay is a hell of a lot better in Europe.

According to Direct Personnel, they have quite a few US applicants wanting to go to Ireland.

Nothing fair about it.
As I pointed out in my previous post, pay in Europe is far better than in the US at this point.

What you believe or don't is not important... but facts are facts.

Yes... you do need a "Green Card" to work in the US. But again, pilots who came to the US in the '80s and '90s from Europe were able to get a green card, learn how to fly at much cheaper prices, and yes also get jobs with carriers. I can tell you that there are number of pilots from Europe flying for American Eagle, living in Puerto Rico. There are a number of pilots from the Scandinavian countries who attended Gulfstream Academy who flew for Continental Exress and went on to Continental Airlines.

Obtaining an FAA certificate on conversion is far easier than the other way.

Hey what's the big deal anyway? There are more jobs in Europe than their are pilots. Any money coming out of your pocket? Are you being denied employment over a Yank? If you meet the minimums and if not already employed, you should be able to get a job. And if and when the tides should turn again when there is a pilot shortage in the US, maybe you can come on over... if you want.