PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet
Thread: easyJet
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2006, 14:37
I Just Want To Fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is so much information on this forum already, but I understand it is quite long. When I applied, I read every forum from start to finish.... Well not every forum, but many of them. Anyway, heree is my recount of the EasyJet recruitment day.

Check In: They look at your passport, check visa details, take your photo.

Round 1: First we had to stand up infront of the group ad say our names, and either the first music we bought, or the first poster on our wall. Videos and presentations about the company.

Then we had to do the PA announcements. You just read the card.

EG: "Ladies and Gentleman, in preparation for take off, please ensure that your seatbelt is fastened, tray table locked in place, baggage securely stowed. Thank you."

Then you had to make up your own PA.

Some examples:

A passenger with boarding pass number 56 has boarded the aircraft, but failed to hand it in. make an anouncement.

You have run out of sandwiches.

You have very limited change.

This task is very simple, but it seems to fase a lot of people. While you're in the shower, why not practice cabin announcement instead of singing!

THE TEST
Maths test -

EG:
A pax buys 2 vodka, 2 tonics and Pringles. He pays you with a $50. how much change will you give him.

Convert 3 pounds into Euros.

These are very basic maths problems, which you will need to know how to work out, as you will be required to do this in your job.

Round 2: First the group is culled. Then you start the group activities. 1st task was "Straws". Make a structure from Straws and Blu-Tac that will hold a mobile phone. As a group chose 10 items which you will take before your ship sinks.

Very simple tasks, that look at your ability to interact with others and work as a team. Remember, it's not what you do, but how you go about it...

Round 3: The dreaded cull!!!
Then they discussed what would happen in the final interview. Then we had lunch

Final interview - 2/1 They will ask you to give examples of how you have dealt with customers. They are testing the key compitencies of a cabin crew.
Then just some housekeeping.

I have to say this day was really fun!