PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uniform at UK airports
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2006, 14:05
bigmac69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few years back, i stepped off the Tristar, into the relatively fresh, clean air of home, thinking wow i can't believe i'm back and back safely with nothing more than sunburn. I duly changed into some clean civvies, splash of Brut, and made my way for an onward connecting flight at Stansted. Only those who have been there know how comforting and almost surreal the feeling of being 'Back Home' is, nothing could get me down, including the heaving airport and half mile queue to check in.

I smiled at the pretty girl at the check in desk, (A sight for sore eyes, i can tell you ), who promptly told me that my baggage was 4 kilos too heavy and i had to pay at, "the other desk over there"...."What, the one with the huge queue?"...."Yeah, thassit". Nice one, slapped back to reality...Firmly, Welcome home, (Maybe the Brut was a bad idea).

Conversely, i travelled to the US recently, got 50% off a swanky Miami hotel room, 10% and 20% off at various sport shops and even got up the Empire State Building for free.

I'm proud to be British, but God bless America!!