PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Goodyear Arizona OAT on the cheap?
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2006, 12:16
Drap-air

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by porridge

Having read your post I would have to say you would never make the verbal comprehension stage as cannot make out what the h*ll you are going on about! To me it makes neither grammatical or any sense!
You mention you have taken the test but did you actually pass?

Originally Posted by porridge

I, who has taken the test,
You are the self confessed, all singing all dancing god of English grammar and you wrote that? Furthermore, it appears your comprehension of the title of this thread is somewhat poor. The thread is about OAT moving to Goodyear and you posted a comment regarding Adj's use of the English language. Adj was merely answering the questions previously posted, unlike yourself. Do you still wish to call us all at OAT ***kers?

Having recently returned from Scottsdale it is a shame OAT had to move to Goodyear. However, OAT is a business after all and can anyone blame a business for wishing to cut costs? Fuel at Scottsdale was about $2 per gallon more expensive than other nearby airfields as a simple example and sitting in a warrior for 25 mins at the end of the runway waiting for a take-off clearance at what is an extreamly busy airfield did get a little annoying and hot. I did visit Goodyear, flew in a number of times and the facilities are much better than those at Scottsdale and I can assure people who are going to go there will have a fantastic time and great flying experiencies. Yes Scottsdale Airport is in the middle of a fantastic area with great night life etc etc, but as previously stated you go to the US to learn to fly.

Backseating can be boring sometimes but I would strongly advise it. Sitting in the backseat improves your situational awareness ten-fold and allows you to pick up on others mistakes while learning and will improve your flying.

Ps. There is an English bar in Fashion Square Mall in Scottsdale where you can get every kind of English beer!

Last edited by Drap-air; 7th Jul 2006 at 12:37.