PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2006, 11:02
Entropia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
phase 3 comment

Hi guys, I've just been disqualified in phase try, last 5 July. I think that was due to motivation reasons. Anyway the phase 3 moves in a very comfortable atmosphere, they make yourself at home. Really be yourself, as I did, and the interview will lead you to discover quite a lot about yourself, and that will be good even if it reveals something you don't want to hear. My personal experience has been a great experience, I enjoyed every part of it, I met great people and professional assessors.

I will try to explain: apart from arline sponsored programmes (BA, Swiss, Lufthansa, CTC), I never tried to invest personal and economic resources in flying to obtain PPL and CPL privately. I never tried since it costs a hell lot of money, which my family didn't have. I could have worked and paid it little by little, but I didn't do it since there was (and at present is) quite no hope to become a professional pilot in Italy, and I thought it could have been a waste of money and of time. I other words, I never "risked" anything, to become a pilot. This was what the assessors have tried to point out in my interview, from the 3rd question on.

From the selection, from what all the guys in my group said, I understood quite a lot about me and my passion for flying. Which is a pure passion, becoming a civil pilot has only been my greatest dream, but not my "one and only" commitment in life...and maybe not the kind of job I'm "naturally made" for. So I think the assessors sought my person quite in depth, more than examining me they made me discover what has ever been my interest for flying. I'm now disappointed, but I would try to put it as the result was the best for me, for planning my life.

So now I'm landing...
Take care, I wish you all the best!
Filippo