PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How much for OAT APP loan
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2006, 10:01
c_jephcott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
squawkident - The basic course cost might well come to around £64,000, but as it has been said by a couple of others before then, Oxford advise a figure including your living expenses. The actual figure that they have quoted is £74,000, which includes everything else - the costs of accommodation, food etc... As I am commencing my training next month, recently I worked through a spreadsheet and came out with a slightly more revised figure for the living expenses, based on £10 a day for food, drinks etc...

Obviously, there are ways around this - for my first few weeks, I am booked into a hall of residence, but will be looking at ways around this as soon as possible. I will also be taking a small fridge down there with me, so I can make myself some sandwiches in the morning or night before for lunch, thus saving on the £5.00 meals.

There are ways to work around the cost, but OAT do recommend in the business plan which is sent to HSBC that the estimated course cost all in all is around £74000.

So, for the loan, it really does depend on what you have already and what you really need. You will need security (a parental guarantee or security against your parents house) if you decide to go for the £50,000. Up to £25,000 can be done unsecured though.

Cheers,
Chris