PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GF does it again... DECs!!!
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2006, 09:14
ia1166

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for your constructive comments BC.
guys i'm not there anymore but its the busy season and GF are no doubt in crisis management with crew shortages. Also the DEC from Air Arabia. Was it a political move? Is the guy connected? The DECs on the 767 may have been a last move to protect the service which must come first or the airline will fold. You work in the ME and a lot of odd stuff goes on. If GF continue to hire DECs after summer then have a think about what to do. I'd agree with VFEs coments on other threads though. Think its any better in EK/QR/ET? I think not. EK is hiring DECs all the time. What happened to their short track command deals? Qr haven't promoted an expat ever i think.
Gf is a lot better than when i arrived. BG spent 9 years as an FO and he was a chief pilot on DC8s beforehand. Ask him what he thinks or the senior FOs, and don't listen to peolpe like BC. He left 4 odd years ago and has no right to still attack GF. Only people in it are allowed to.
Where i am now there are ex ansett fos from the 89 strike. 50 odd year old guys with 15k+ hours. Still in the RHS coz they kept moving on to supposedly better jobs. We are now offering commands to expats but they want 25K US$ up front, a 25KUS$ bond and you will earn FO salary for the first 6 months. What a nightmare but the guys will take it as its all they have. Its not a nice world anymore.
Anyway, wait a few months and see what GF do long term. Its still a good place if you married, the pay is up on 5 years ago, expats are on the 340/330 in both seats, lots of leave and i'm hoping staff travel is still good. If you decide to leave make sure its to a better place. Don't do it too many times though as you just move to the back of the queue each time. Oh a don't do what i did unless you really have to. And then never do it again.