PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can we be nice to one another !
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2006, 08:18
TightSlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rescue 137
This forum is quite well known over the industry as being not such a nice place for newbies or other people to use.Alot of people wont use this place because of what you described.
Really? And your evidence for saying that is...? Presumably your circle of immediate friends? The evidence to the contrary is the high number of people that log-on to, and use the forum, even if only to view rather than actually post.

This forum is no bitchier, meaner or nastier than any other internet forum, largely because it is moderated - un-moderated forums tend to descend into anarchy very, very rapidly: You'll have to trust me on this.

There are so many depressing things about this thread that it's tough to know which one to be the most irritated by: On reflection, probably the fact that I have some sympathy with the position of a person who chose the name Lord Snot as being a good title. I have to live with myself knowing that this is so... (even if I wouldn't have phrased it in that way!)

There are some simple methods for new posters to avoid being flamed on this, and all other internet forums:
  1. Read the FAQ before posting, that's why it is called FAQ and why it is there.
  2. Read previous posts and threads to see if the question has already been asked and answered by somebody else.
  3. If you can't find it initially, use the "Search" function. That is what it is there for.
  4. Think before posting, and when writing: Read through what you have written and then think again. Try and imagine how your comments may read to others who may be in different moods, timezones etc. etc.
Now... can we all agree that to love each other is better than not, that being nasty to each other and being naughty in class are bad things and that the world is full of big people that don't agree with us...?

and then, move on, please, please, pretty please.