PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Goodyear Arizona OAT on the cheap?
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2006, 08:17
Donandar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the end of the day it's not about the company at all - but who you are as a person. I'm sure Oxford, Cabair, FTE, CTC etc. are all top quality schools that deliver high quality airline pilot training (I'm mainly looking at an 'integrated' type of route). You could go to any of these schools and get your licence and get the best quality training that you can from that school.

It doesn't mean however that if you're a complete that you'll get a job. Airlines aren't going to hire someone with an attitude, regardless of where they came from - but to then complain that it's X schools fault is plain ridiculous.

I would say BillieBob that although there is truth in your statement, most schools will knock out consistently well rounded airline pilots for the right seat - but only in the areas that they can do so. Training schools can't change someones attitudes or opinions and for this, the only person who you can blame, is the one who's complaining he can't get a job and can't see why. Once they've left their training school, if they feel "I can get a job anywhere" kind of thing (that cocky confidence), it's only their own fault for thinking so, not the methods of any one school.

Thats my take on it.