Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2006, 22:56
Topsy Turvey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MP's

Originally Posted by L J R
Quote:
The Armed Forces Personnel Administration Agency has received some 14 pieces of ministerial correspondence on behalf of constituents
Then I guess it is time you all wrote to your local member and increase this stat.
Does anyone have a simple template to copy for all to use and submit?
Waste of time. Using a template will receive a standard / template style response. Far better to raise / refer any specific concerns. IMO writing to your MP or PM is over rated.
Process goes as follows. You write to him/her, his / her PA writes 2 line note forwarding your letter to Defence Minister, Ministers outer office intercept letter pass to MoD Parliamentary Branch, who will forward to AFPAA. AFPAA drafts response, pass back to Parliamentary Branch, they send to Minister who signs letter & sends to MP who passes to you. You might as well write to AFPAA direct. Better still complain to RAF chain of command / RAF News or local media. Remember CE AFPAA is answerable to the Service chiefs / public pressure.
(No I don't work in AFPAA Secretariat or with JPA but I did use to perform similar work in another Government Department).