PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Goodyear Arizona OAT on the cheap?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2006, 20:52
porridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi all
well just to clear up some of the "hype" thats on ehre about OAT and Goodyear that people have heard
firstly - we do not start flying at 5am....the flying program runs from 6am through the whole day and through to the night....students actually request to fly at 6am and much prefer this time than any other time of the day!!!
as regards your comments about backseating....not sure who your source is but u got totally the wrong end of the stick here - you are assigned a flying partner and you can if you so desire backseat their flights and they backseat your flights - not all of them are possible as some are solos for a start - most of the backseating i did was to learn what we are being taught and to get more familiar with the area and it was 100% useful.....other backseating was on nav trips where one would fly out to somewhere and the other back which is much more fun than flying local!!!
It is not feasibly possible to backseat more than you fly!!!
i don't quite understand how there is no OAT rep outhere either?? the place is run by oxford....i agree there have been teething problems and not everything has run as smoothly as we would or oxford would have liked but everything has either been sorted or is getting done....AP himself was here the first few weeks making sure everything is ok and has been back when the new courses come out....also other staff from oxford have been here along with the staff that are here at present!!
as regards being miles from anywhere - a bit exaggerated - the base here is not in a "prime" location as was scottsdale being in the middle of the city!! although we do have to travel upto scottsdale if we want to go out or anything there are plenty of shops/restaurants etc within a few minutes drive (i say drive as you try walking in 40C heat!!!)
anyway just to finish...beign out in goodyear myself i can reassure people that things "are good"!!
regards
adam
Adj
Having read your post I would like you to consider when you have passed your CPL/IR at OAT to get an airline job you will have to do some assessments - e.g.:
Ability Tests
* Verbal comprehension - which require you to evaluate the logic of given statements.
* Numerical reasoning - which require you to interpret data from statistical tables.
* Diagrammatic reasoning - which ask you to recognise logical sequences within a series of diagrams or symbols.
There are also many other more specific tests: e.g. mechanical comprehension; visual estimation; classification; computer checking.

Having read your post I would have to say you would never make the verbal comprehension stage as I, who has taken the test, cannot make out what the h*ll you are going on about! To me it makes neither grammatical or any sense!
To be sure you have been suckered in by the OAT marketing team; that is certainly obvious. You will join an ever growing band of people who have licences, but have no chance of getting an airline job unless Daddy has connections!
Sorry – but that’s the way it appears to me from reading your post/s!
P