PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - airlines recruiting low houred guys (250-400 hrs) ish!
Old 6th Jul 2006, 16:03
papazulu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The first rule to remember in trying to get your first job is to RESEARCH your target airlines. Rule two is to NEVER BELIEVE WEBSITES, even the airline's own. Even more so when it comes to minimum number of hours required to apply. Your researchg should reveal whether said airline has a track record of hiring pilots with less hours than that stated.
I agree but I wonder how you can apply for those who don't accept mailed CV but just online forms.

I can't quite believe that some people don't apply to certain airlines because they 'heard' they weren't meeting minimum requirements etc. PHONE THEM UP AND ASK! I know someone who followed my advice to phone earlier this week because he had heard nothing and has been offered stage one on Friday.
I agree again but quiet often you need to reach the guy who really knows the matter. Receptionists most of the time are not well informed...

Finally: how important would be to have a UK address for a foreign low-timer? Do UK operators consider overseas candidates in the manner as Brits when it comes to out-of-minima selections?

Kind regards

PZ