PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Medevac Aircraft Required
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2001, 09:02
rick1128

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chimba, the problem here in the USA is that there have been serveral rule changes in 14CFR Part 25 in the recent past. I understand the FAA is now saying that if you make a major change in an aircraft you have to meet the current regulations completely. So it makes a certification program expensive. For a few aircraft, it is outside the resources of a small company. As for weight, I don't have the figures in front of me, I am of the understanding that the 200 is considerably heavier than the 20F. I do know that the construction is much different in the 200 than the 20's.

As for the 200/20 being better than the Hawker. I personally diagree. I have operated both as a pilot and as a manager. Both are very fine flying machines. But maintenance wise, the Hawker is much easier to maintain. Granted I was not operating the latest or greatest of either aircraft. The 20 was s/n 16 at the time the highest time 20 in the world (27,000 hrs) and the Hawker was a 600 fan. There is something positive to be said about "KISS" "Keep It Simple Stupid".