PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Baron 55 or Seneca 2
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2006, 14:32
birdlady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As many are aware Im a little biased to the Seneca as its my favourite aircraft to fly. I may add Ive only got a couple of hours on her but it was shall I say love at first sight. I was convinced at one point that I would buy one and then rent it out as a training aircraft to cover costs
and then atleast once my training is complete I would have an asset at the end of the day and a couple of multi hours. Two problems with this. The seneca, as its a twin, has double the maintanance cost as a single and ofcourse the little greedy pencil pusher that loves to screw low houred pilots with insurance premiums. Some subscribe to the thought that a light piston twin will only take you furthur from the accident scene and I have to agree in some respects. If its a hot and high day engine performance and handling is very poor if one donkey should give out.

For the money in my opininion the Seneca is the best. If you compare prices of say the baron and the Seneca the Seneca comes up trumps. Or compare it with say the 206 - more expensive less room for pax and not that much faster. Moral of the story I still love the Seneca I think its a fantastic little aerie even with all her little faults...........................................