PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Union - what do they do for the Industry
Old 6th Jul 2006, 12:41
Lawrie Cox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alright then for the record the case I thought we were talking about although connected was not the same. We have stepped up to the plate on several occassions for 'Danny' if it is the same person we are talking about. My position on his case is that I have offered on several occasions to pursue his matter in several different ways however when I have tried to narrow it down to the direct impact on the individual the response is to attack others rather than focus on the issues. The 'others' being members of the organisation makes it difficult for me and I have given the individual advice on how to proceed under the rules of the organisation. Advice that has been studiously avoided.
I have complied with the requests made by the said member on every occasion to the extent of correspondence/faxes/information being totally restricted to me. there is little else I can do until the member states quite clearly the outcome sought and the processes that I have explained either AIRC(no longer practical), AAT and or civil jurisdiction are decided upon. This has been through the individual's lawyers as well.
At the end of the day it appears that this is one of those ones I cannot win no matter what I have put forward. Thank you for the acknowledgement SF if there is one thing that is necessary in IR it is credibility. Many don't like listening when I cannot deliver the outcome sought but at least I will have a go and also I am happy to stand up for my actions.
Lawrie Cox
Manager - Industrial Relations
Australian Federation of Air Pilots