PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 2
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 2
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2006, 12:35
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmmm..........DTV... It's not hard to make a case for this, in theory at least, ie Peel airports, established relationship with GSM presumably leading to low fees. At this time GSM albeit with Scottish connections appear to be staying away from direct competition with NYC based flights at GLA, EDI & also at MAN. But the reality is that if there is genuine substance that AA could not see a workable business model from NCL with an established customer base, then GSM could presumably only succeed on an entirely different business model of largely tourist punters attracted by Loco fares i.e. a reduced frequency summer only service. I would have thought if GSM is to continue it's expansion on the same principles as LPL, the the obvious move for them would be DSA. After all this would attack the percieved market that LBA has for some time suggested exists.
Curiously I have heard no noises or comment from NCL on their own case following the LPL announcement, when clearly they are more than abreast of GSM developments.
Do they have a ace up their sleeve?