Thread: EC155
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2006, 11:11
Trial Marcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Managment is to responsible to the accident - not the pilot

Originally Posted by SayItIsntSo
Joker’s Wild,

“If you ask me, the accident report is just a little too tidy and confined in its scope”

Agreed…and perhaps it was this tidying up that took so long and why the report was not submitted in its original format.

“They had no business even considering attempting to navigate that pass that night and yet in spite of the obvious visual reality they faced, still elected to press on.”

I am not so sure that this is the case. Why would a fully qualified and experience crew choose the impossible if it was an “obvious visual reality”.

The alternative route to the destination when flown at 140 kts can’t be more than 3 or 4 minutes longer.

I can’t help feel that too much weight is being allocated to ‘the pledge’. As with many ‘pledges’ by Government Agencies they are targets, but not something to die for.

Was it a mistake to choose that route? Absolutely, self evident.

Was it the first mistake made by a GFS aircraft in this and its previous incarnation the RHKAAF when conducting a Medevac? No.

Will it be the last? No. All they can do is increase the time interval to the next incident.

The political implication of restricting their current level of support to the various Government Agencies would be unacceptable given their large budget and manpower levels.
Guys, please open your eyes on the Earth. Senior managments are responsible to the major accidents, not the poor chap in the front line.

If I were one of the senior guys, I would have resigned and donated all my grauity to the families of the poor scrape goat and the back sitter for inability managment, poor employee filtration, training, quality control and no preventive actions - which sadly caused two fatals.

Why given of this level of budget and power, the GFS cannot turn down some absurd call outs especially during the bad weather.

Why the accident report only pointing the finger to the poor front seat chap. Why in the accident report the managment is unbelievably "Clean" ? Should the CAD also share her part of fail to monitor GFS sucessfully.