PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabe a pilot! (And I'm too damn lazy to do a search)
Old 6th Jul 2006, 09:46
n90bar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Ricko,

Being away to just start on an Integrated course, I feel I should chip in my pennies worth aswell. As Frank has mentioned It is cheaper to go down the modular route. For this you usually need your PPL and Class 1.
I too wear glasses, but this didn't really cause a problem with the CAA. I have a restriction on my medical which states that I must carry a spare set of glasses with me on the flightdeck.
You will find that there are alot of threads on this forum regards wheither modular is better than integrated and vice versa. If you run a search it should come up with some stuff.
As Frank also rightly mentioned regardless which route you go down - but particularly with the integrated route you also would need to allow cash for living expenses. So on top of Some 65k to the FTO, you may need another 10k for living expenses.
For now however the main thing is to get good grades at school. Most FTO's look for a minumum of GCSE C passes in Maths, English and Physics. Maths and Physics are particularly important to have!

Good Luck!