PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A big warning to wannabes
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2006, 08:48
ouioui

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I jump on the opportunity to introduce myself on this always hot topic. First I want to apologize for my english because I'm a Froggy...

So here I come, I'm a 33 years old wanabee with a PPL, and after 10 not so boring years of computer job, I think i've missed something, and I think now's the time to do what i'm done for : to fly.

So what? I went visiting french air schools, ESMA, airways. The only thing that I wanted to do then is to run away. Theese guys are crazy. To make it short, the message is "it will cost you 60k€ and we are sure you won't find any job". Waoh! Interesting, uh?
Then I went to Quebec, to visit as many school that I could, 2500 km by car... Well, a little less expensive, but very strange. They offer FI jobs to every CPL student? how is it possible? The only one that seemed to be honnest (Grondair) is offering a fire patrol job (something like 200 h a year). But considering the need to move, the price is nearly the same then ESMA.

Piperindian, is your only goal was to be hired painlessly by BA? On the french forums, guys seems to have only AF in mind. Aren't there other jobs opportunities than airline? I mean if I want to live from flying, what are the others jobs I can aim? And may be the correct question is *where* are the others jobs I can aim?